Outside Sales Representative
• Responsible for establishing profitable relationships with customers on behalf of the company and for actively prospecting for new B2B accounts and maximizing sales potential with existing customers
• Provide client services and increase volume of assigned “House Accounts”.
• 4 Year degree plus 5 years of outside sales or customer service and/or experience in e-scrap recycling with a track record of success.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on needs analysis and strategic negotiations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications including Word and Excel.
• Must possess a good driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Familiarity with IT equipment and scrap commodity markets.
• Ability to multi task and work independently without supervision.
• Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills and sales aptitude.
• Ability to identify and meet customers’ needs and requirements.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Office/Warehouse Production environment. Work is conducted both indoors and out with substantial time spent at the facilities of clients and prospects.
• Fast paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes.
• Occasional overnight travel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the company’s vision and mission.
• Identify prospects, customers, and referral sources and develop/maintain relationships to ensure attainment of company business goals. Support efforts to consistently grow the base of referral sources.
• Manage marketing data using acceptable management systems or tools (e.g., database, computerized call calendars and time management systems) to maximize efficiency and analyze data/marketing activity on a weekly basis.
• Prospects through cold calling, networking and earning referrals and establish new B2B accounts.
• Works to maximize volumes for new accounts as well as assigned “House Accounts” by performing ongoing needs analysis, and providing client services to enhance relationships.
• Investigates and resolves customer’s problems.
• Effectively present and discuss the products and services of the company, soliciting only those products/services provided by the company that its vendors, to current and prospective customers in a way that conveys an image of quality, integrity and superior understanding and delivery of customer needs.
• Conduct on-site and community based presentations, seminars and education that promote the image of our company as a leader in the e-scrap recycling business.
• Periodically exhibits at conventions, conferences and/or trade shows to establish new relationships as well as to enhance existing client relationships.
• Travel and non-traditional hours might be required on occasion.
• Maintains and clean and organized work/storage area.
• Additional duties not listed above that management deems necessary for the effective operation of the corporation generally.