Sunnking no longer accepts electronics from the public directly at our facilities. Please visit our extensive network of collection partners for proper recycling of your electronics by clicking here
Acceptable materials appropriate for recycling
- Computers (Desktops & Laptops)
- Industrial Controls
- Printers (Ink or Toner)
- Ink/Toner Cartridges
- Computer Accessories (Mice, Keyboards, Webcams, Speakers, Microphones etc.)
- Computer Monitors (CRT, LCD, LED)
- Televisions (CRT, Projection, LCD, LED, Plasma)
- Microwave Ovens (Non PCB)
- Copiers/Fax Machines
- Cell Phones & Chargers
- GPS Units
- Answering Machines
- MP3 Players
- Radios/Boomboxes/CD Players etc.
- Storage Devices (External Hard Drives, Solid State Drives, SD Cards, Memory Cards, Card Readers, etc.)
- Audio Equipment (Speakers, Microphones, DJ Equipment, Receivers, Recording Devices, Headphones, etc.)
- Video Equipment (Cameras, Video Cameras, Web Cams, Recording Devices, etc.)
- Communications Equipment
- Medical Testing Equipment
- Laboratory Equipment
- Circuit Boards
- Cables, Wires, Power Cords, Power Strips
- Most home appliances (no refrigerators)
- Rechargeable Dry Cell Batteries (Nickel Cadmium – NiCad, Nickel Metal Hydride – NiMH, Lithium Ion – Li-ion)
- Anything else with a circuit board or a cord!
*Not all of our collection partners accept CRTs (tube televisions). Please call the location you are interested in using to find our if there is any additional information you should know.
Nonacceptable Materials appropriate for recycling
- Devices containing liquid mercury (thermostats, switches, medical devices, thermometers)
- Freon Containing Devices/Materials (Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, De-Humidifiers)
- CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) TVs & Monitors Containing Broken Glass
- Bare CRTs (Cathode Ray Tube) TVs & Monitors that do not contain the outer casing
- Household Hazardous Waste Materials
- Materials Containing Liquids
- Yard Equipment
- Gas Powered Equipment
- Items Leaking Fluid
- Radioactive Materials
- PCB Containing Materials*
- Large Appliances (Stoves, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers)
- Dry Cell Batteries (Absolyte, Alkaline, Mercury, Zinc Air With Mercury, Lithium Primary, Lithium Thionyl Chloride, Button Cells, Lead Acid Gel)
- Wet Cell Batteries (Zinc Air, Zinc Air With Mercury, Nickel Iron, Nickel Cadmium)
- CD’s, DVD’s, VHS Tapes, Cassette Tapes
For a PDF copy listing what materials are accepted for recycling please click here.
*The use, storage, and disposal of PCB’s are regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the Toxic Control Substance Act (TSCA) and 40 CFR, Part 761. Polychlorinated Biphenyls were widely used as a fire retardant and insulator in the manufacture of transformers and capacitors. This was due to their ability to withstand exceptionally high temperatures. Because of their classification as a human carcinogen, the EPA banned their use in 1979.
If a product was manufactured prior to 1979 please check the labels to ensure that it does not contain PCB’s. Common items manufactured prior to 1979 that may contain PCB’s include: microwaves, ballasts, transformers, capacitors, hydraulic systems, heat transfer systems, air compressors, pumps, gas transmission turbines, refrigerators, air conditioners, washing machines, televisions, voltage regulators, switches, electromagnets, circuit breakers, rectifiers, vacuum pumps and x-ray generating devices.