Sunnking, in partnership with Camp Good Days and Special Times, has created a program entitled E-Scrap 4 Camp to turn old electronics into funds to help improve the quality of life for children, adults and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. The combined efforts of everyone who recycles through this annual event will help to make a huge difference in the lives of people who have been afflicted by this dreaded disease. Business and organizations in the Buffalo and Rochester area are encouraged to sign up to collect electronics from their employees, friends and family members for a one week period during the month of April 2014. Sunnking will provide boxes to collect electronics, and will pick them up for free! For every pound of electronics that Sunnking recycles from your organization, a monetary donation will be made to Camp Good Days to fund future programs. 2014 marks the 4th E-Scrap 4 Camp fundraising campaign. In the first 3 years a total of 991,006 lbs. of electronics were collected and recycled resulting in over $30,000 donated to Camp Good Days on behalf of Sunnking.
Help us break over 1 million lbs. of electronics recycled
through E-Scrap 4 Camp this year !
How It Works
- Each participating location will have the opportunity to collect electronics from employees, friends and family for 1 week during the month of April (Your collection week will be determined by your location).
- Collection boxes and pallets will be provided by Sunnking the week prior to your scheduled collection at no cost (Box dimensions are approximately W48” x L40” x H48” and they sit on top of a standard pallet).
- Electronics will be picked up by Sunnking the week after your scheduled collection and recycled at no cost.
- Sunnking will track and record the net weight of electronics recycled from each participating location and will provide a report and Certificate of Donation at the end of the campaign.
- At the end of the campaign Sunnking will donate money to Camp Good Days for every pound of electronics recycled.
- The participating location with the most electronics collected (by weight) will win $500 worth of refurbished computer equipment from Sunnking.
- Please refer to our list of ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS FOR RECYCLING before participating.
Collection and Packaging Instructions
- You will receive your requested number of pallets and boxes. They will need to be set up in a secure area that either has ground level or dock level access so that our driver can maneuver the pallet with a hand pallet jack. A standard pallet with a box on top measures approximately W48” x L40” x H48” please be aware of the size of your entrances before staging for collection. Please print out and hang the list of acceptable materials on or near the collection boxes.
- All electronics collected should be placed in the cardboard boxes provided. Be sure to lay the box on top of one of the pallets provided before filling. Large items such as console televisions or copiers can be set to the side and will be loaded on the truck separately.
About Sunnking, Inc. Founded in 2000, Sunnking, Inc. is New York State’s first R2 Certified electronics recycling, data destruction, & asset management company dealing in end of life electronic equipment. With facilities located in Buffalo, NY and Brockport, NY, Sunnking specializes in collecting, refurbishing, reselling, and recycling electronic products from residential and commercial customers.
About Camp Good Days & Special Times Camp Good Days and Special Times, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children, adults and families whose lives have been touched by cancer and other life threatening challenges, was founded by Gary Mervis in 1979, following the diagnosis of his youngest daughter, Teddi, with a malignant brain tumor. What was started to provide Teddi and 62 other children with cancer (21 from Rochester, 21 from Buffalo, 21 from Syracuse) with a residential camping experience, has grown to become one of the largest organizations of its kind, having served as model for other organizations and cancer treatment centers around the world. Providing residential camping programs and year-round recreational and support activities and events, Camp Good Days has served more than 44,000 campers from 22 states and 28 foreign countries. Camp Good Days maintains accreditation from the American Camp Association (ACA) and has been inducted into the Safety 1st Hall of Fame by Markel Insurance Company.