Sunnking, in partnership with Camp Good Days and Special Times, has created a program entitled e-Scrap for Camp to turn old electronics into funds to help improve the quality of life for children, adults and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. The combined efforts of everyone who recycles through this annual event help to make a huge difference in the lives of people who have been afflicted by this dreaded disease.
2017 will mark the 7th e-Scrap for Camp fundraising campaign. In the first 6 years, a total of 2,635,626 lbs. of electronics were collected and recycled, resulting in over $66,000 donated to Camp Good Days on behalf of Sunnking.
Businesses and organizations in the Buffalo and Rochester area are encouraged to sign up to collect electronics from their employees, friends and family members for a one week period. Sunnking provides boxes to collect electronics, and will pick them up for free! For every pound of electronics that Sunnking recycles from your organization, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Camp Good Days to fund future programs.
Please note: This event is for employees, friends, and family members only. Please do not hold open collections for the public.
- Each participating location will have the opportunity to collect electronics from employees, friends and family for 1 week during the month of March (Your collection week will be determined by your location).
- Collection boxes and pallets will be provided by Sunnking during the week prior to your scheduled collection at no cost (Box dimensions are approximately W48” x L40” x H48” and they sit on top of a standard pallet).
- Electronics will be picked up by Sunnking during the week after your scheduled collection and recycled at no cost.
- Sunnking will track and record the net weight of electronics recycled from each participating location and will provide a report and Certificate of Donation at the end of the campaign.
- At the end of the campaign Sunnking will donate a portion of the proceeds to Camp Good Days for every pound of electronics recycled.
- Please refer to our list of ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS FOR RECYCLING before participating.
- We will be accepting CRT televisions and monitors for this event, however, we will not be making a donation based on their weight due to the high cost associated with recycling them.
- On February 20, we will notify you which week in March your organization will be collecting electronics.
- You will receive marketing materials that you can use to generate excitement about the event.
- Boxes and palettes will arrive during the week prior to your event.
Founded in 2000, Sunnking, Inc. is New York State’s first R2 Certified electronics recycling, data destruction, & asset management company dealing in end of life electronic equipment. With facilities located in Buffalo, Brockport, and Syracuse, NY, Sunnking specializes in collecting, refurbishing, reselling, and recycling electronic products from residential and commercial customers.
About Camp Good Days & Special Times
Camp Good Days and Special Times, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children, adults and families whose lives have been touched by cancer and other life threatening challenges, was founded by Gary Mervis in 1979, following the diagnosis of his youngest daughter, Teddi, with a malignant brain tumor. What was started to provide Teddi and 62 other children with cancer (21 from Rochester, 21 from Buffalo, 21 from Syracuse) with a residential camping experience, has grown to become one of the largest organizations of its kind, having served as model for other organizations and cancer treatment centers around the world. Providing residential camping programs and year-round recreational and support activities and events, Camp Good Days has served more than 44,000 campers from 22 states and 28 foreign countries. Camp Good Days maintains accreditation from the American Camp Association (ACA) and has been inducted into the Safety 1st Hall of Fame by Markel Insurance Company.